1. SLEEP – If you need 8 or 9 hours, make sure you get it. Nothing makes you binge eat quicker than exhaustion. You just can’t fill that hole where the zzzzzzs go.
2. DRINK – Every time you want a snack make one of these. (CLICK HERE) They take 45 seconds to 1 minute to prepare. New and healthy ingredients flow into the house when you are on the smoothie trail. The milkshake quality feels like a treat and the nutrition keeps you full and feeling good, something you probably aren’t that used to. In between these “stealth health” smoothie snacks, drink water. Lots. Put slices of lemon and cucumber in it. Drink it with your pinky in the air.
3. EAT – Eat lots of foods with color. White foods such as flour, potatoes, pasta and refined sugar will do you in before your time. It’s that simple and it’s your choice. Green, red, yellow and orange should paint your plate.
4. LAUGH – Modern life has simply created more stress than our bodies know how to process. You have to give up some of the worry if you want to really live. (Colbert, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and John Oliver are good too.) Visualization, mindfulness, meditation and naps can all lead you into the rest zone. Stress releases cortisol which sends globs of fat to the middle of the body. You have to lower stress levels to lower cortisol levels to lower belly fat levels. So laugh. Blow it off. Go surfing. Tomorrow is another day.
5. LIVE – All this fat business is boring. Stop thinking so much about it. Do one thing today to lessen your caloric intake. Do one thing tomorrow that gets you a little rest. Be easy on yourself. You are the one that needs to be happy with your body, no one else.
And me? Some fat is okay because I’m going for really strong.
Follow us on twitter @skinnysmoothies or @shadowteams
Post a question or request a recipe on Facebook at Skinny Green Smoothies
In the airport in Bangor, Maine, the women’s room to be exact, (they NEVER let me in the men’s room), I saw something that froze my heart: Locked boxes on the wall that said “USED SYRINGES HERE.”
Really? There are THAT MANY diabetics in the Bangor, Maine area? It is possible, I suppose. And tragic. Being from New York City, syringes like that bespeak of heroin and crack addiction, loss, dirt, poverty, AIDS. This diabetes thing scares me.
So, here’s a list of foods to eat daily that help regulate and stabilize blood sugar levels. If I were you, I would whirl them up in these: http://amzn.to/1utbLih It’s just really easy to drink your vegetables and may keep you away from the syringe box.
The top 10 foods for blood sugar stabilization. You’ll also be less anxious and more even tempered too.
1. Blueberries, fresh or no-sugar-added frozen
2. Avocado, my favorite base for green smoothies
3. Ground flax seeds – nutty tasting with a wonderful texture, grind before using
4. Ceylon cinnamon – insist on Ceylon, the lightest color of all the cinnamons. Order it to get the real
6. Tumeric – the yellow spice used in Indian cooking is a huge detoxifier. It has little flavor so use it.
7. Cherries – Bing cherries, pitted, fresh or frozen, no-sugar-added
10. Sparkling waters
Enjoy. Oh, and did I tell you I lost 40 lbs eating these foods? Try it. You’ll love being called SKINNY
And follow me at @skinnysmoothies or come yak on Facebook at Skinny Green Smoothies
My publisher is @shadowteams http://www.shadowteams.com