In the airport in Bangor, Maine, the women’s room to be exact, (they NEVER let me in the men’s room), I saw something that froze my heart: Locked boxes on the wall that said “USED SYRINGES HERE.”
Really? There are THAT MANY diabetics in the Bangor, Maine area? It is possible, I suppose. And tragic. Being from New York City, syringes like that bespeak of heroin and crack addiction, loss, dirt, poverty, AIDS. This diabetes thing scares me.
So, here’s a list of foods to eat daily that help regulate and stabilize blood sugar levels. If I were you, I would whirl them up in these: http://amzn.to/1utbLih It’s just really easy to drink your vegetables and may keep you away from the syringe box.
The top 10 foods for blood sugar stabilization. You’ll also be less anxious and more even tempered too.
1. Blueberries, fresh or no-sugar-added frozen
2. Avocado, my favorite base for green smoothies
3. Ground flax seeds – nutty tasting with a wonderful texture, grind before using
4. Ceylon cinnamon – insist on Ceylon, the lightest color of all the cinnamons. Order it to get the real
6. Tumeric – the yellow spice used in Indian cooking is a huge detoxifier. It has little flavor so use it.
7. Cherries – Bing cherries, pitted, fresh or frozen, no-sugar-added
10. Sparkling waters
Enjoy. Oh, and did I tell you I lost 40 lbs eating these foods? Try it. You’ll love being called SKINNY
And follow me at @skinnysmoothies or come yak on Facebook at Skinny Green Smoothies
My publisher is @shadowteams http://www.shadowteams.com