In veteran corporate recruiter Bill Humbert’s new book, Employee 5.0, he confirms that we have a new normal. As markets shiver, so do the hiring and untiring practices of modern corporate America.
Most of us will find themselves in the “unhired” category sooner or later and it is at that moment, says Humbert, that you begin to heal. How! By celebrating your strengths. The first step in getting that next job is incredibly simple and incredibly powerful: Make a list of what you do well. Sit down for 20 minutes with a legal pad and begin:
- Turn your legal pad sideways; you’ll be writing in three columns across the page. On the left hand side, list your skills. It should look like “organized”, then underneath, “building creative campaigns for brand recognition”, then underneath that “managing creative teams.”
- In the middle column, cite the actual projects: company-wide calendar to create synergy; devised ten branding campaigns, and assembled and managed more than five teams.
- On the far right, write down the positive outcomes – or “impacts” as Humbert calls them – of your skills. Again, be specific. You might write, “created events with three other departments in company to create cross-promotions and cross-selling synergy”; “increased five clients’ brands by an average of 54%”; and “hired A-level creatives while saving more than 22% on expenditures. A list of awards for these campaigns includes…..”
Humbert, (aka Recruiterguy) goes on to lay out the next eleven steps to getting job offers in 90-days. Pick up a copy of Employee 5.0 and start using the new world order to get what YOU want out of your career.
Follow us on twitter @LisaHaganBooks
Chat on Facebook at Lisa Hagan Books
Visit our website www.LisaHaganBooks.com
I didn’t choose this picture of a dog because it’s #National Dog Day. Although I do love those furry fabulous pad-footed things, But it’s off my topic and I paid attention in English class.
I did not choose this photo of the dog because he had a pineapple on his head. This amazing national holiday we celebrate today – National Dog Day – led me to a pineapple and thoughts of dogs.
Turns out pineapple has 288% more melatonin than FDA adult requirements. Almonds are way up there and so are leafy greens. Chamomile tea will also help you out as your base liquid….and I’ve just discovered another great addition to your pre-bedtime #SkinnyGreenSmoothies…….California Poppy….Oh yeah. That’s right, that distant cousin of heroin, in it’s flowering state, with send you to the land of nod with health and ease. Order off amazon.com and use a tablespoon at night. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzz you go…….
1 cup pineapple chunks
1 cup baby kale or spinach leaves
1 tablespoon California Poppy (order from amazon.com)
Camomille tea to cover
1. Put it in the blender through the tea. Begin blending, dropping ice cubes down through the top to make thick and cold.
2. Drink a 1/2 before bed. Zzzzzzzzzzz.
Follow us on twitter @skinnysmoothies Chat on August 27 12 noon – 1 pm EST
Facebook Skinny Green Smoothies